Sunday, February 19, 2017

Red Sox To Trade 1967

They call 1967 the year of the impossible dream. I wasn't alive then, but I've read a lot about it. In grade school I had to write about the day in history to which I would most like to travel back in time to witness in person. I said the last day of the 1967 baseball season to see Yaz finish off the triple crown.
If you were a card collector that year, these are the cards you would have had in hand. You can tell which seasons were special to a team by looking at the value of that year's team card. The 1967 Topps Red Sox team card will cost you a pretty penny. I've personally always associated the following year's cards with a team's season. I love the stats and information on the backs of the cards. These 1967 cards have 1966 stats on the back. I prefer the 1968 set when reminiscing about 1967. Anybody else feel the same way?
I have also added five cards from 2006 to my want list.

No comments:

Post a Comment