Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Some of my Favorite Cards, Part 1

Aaron Sele and I were friends when we were really little kids growing up in Golden Valley, MN. Within weeks of my family moving to South Dakota, his family moved to Washington state. I've never seen him since. I picked him as my first player collection because he was on my favorite team, and he was the only major leaguer whom I had met.

The two cards pictured are 2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Black 1/1's, one being the jersey version. I picked both of these up seperately on ebay in 2003. Even if your player collection isn't of a super star, it can still be very expensive at times. These didn't come cheap as I recall. I know the jersey was buy it now, and I jumped as soon as I saw it. I had to bid against others on the other one. 

These are some of my favorite cards. Although not Red Sox cards, they look really cool with the refractor surface over the black border. I used to really like refractors, especially Finest and Topps Chrome.



No comments:

Post a Comment