Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cool Cards

Eastern South Dakota is in a deep freeze.  This past Friday, early in the evening, the temperature dropped below zero.  And we aren't supposed to be back in positive numbers again until Tuesday.  Currently, it's -12, which is also today's high temp.  Last night was -23.  Tonight it's supposed to be -23 again.  Tomorrow's high is forecast at -4, and tomorrow night down to -22.

When I got the mail yesterday, there was a package from Amazon containing a card I'd recently purchased.  The seller had thrown in some extra cards as filler around the main card.  The package was in the mailbox for probably a couple of hours before I brought it inside, and who knows how long it had been in cold trucks before that.  I opened the package and after I'd sifted through the first two or three cards, I had to put them down.  They were cold as ice!  After a couple minutes I picked them up again, and this time they had a thin veil of moisture on them, which I had to wipe off.

The card I was after was this 2016-17 Panini Prizm Silver Prizms of Ivica Zubac.  It was my #10 most wanted basketball card.  The way I paid for it was by another $10 Amazon gift card I received for filling out another survey.

The following Donruss Optic cards from 2016-17 were the filler cards.  Let me know if you want any of them, as they are all trade bait.




I hope you all have a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment