Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A First from Peoria

I received a package in the mail early last week from P-Town Tom, and it was full of Red Sox goodies.  Tom's presence on the baseball card blogs is strong, but this was actually our first attempt at a trade.  There were too many to scan everything, so here are my favorites.

This one's my very favorite!  Did Big Papi do enough to surpass Yaz for second best Red Sox hitter ever?  I think so.

I had the refractor versions of Betts and Kimbrel, but not these base Finest versions.  Two great players here!

I don't think I truly appreciated Pedro's dominance when he was on the Red Sox.  I should see if youtube has any of his games from around the turn of the century.

Here's an oldie but a goodie in Ted Williams.  I have never had any from this Fleer series until now.  The original of this Babe Ruth reprint from 1916 Sporting News would be the ultimate card to have.  I think the reprint will have to do, probably forever.

Ironically, the package showed up either the day Rafael Devers was called up, or the day after.  That's a really cool card of a great young man who will hopefully be a star.  The Yaz 60 Years of Topps reprint is a great addition to my Yaz PC!
 
Thanks so much, Tom!!  I'm digging through my Cubs and other things on your want list.  Expect a return package soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the package filled some holes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Tom always whips up an excellent trade package - love that Teddy Ballgame!

    ReplyDelete