Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Some of my Favorite Cards - Jimmie Foxx

I love baseball stats and the 1920's and 1930's really get my attention. There were lots of big stats in those decades. One of the best was Jimmie Foxx. He played for the Red Sox 6+ seasons, putting up huge numbers. He was an All Star all 6 full seasons. He led the league in home runs, runs batted in, and batting average while playing for Boston. 

Here are a couple of my Jimmie Foxx cards from his playing days. 

1938 Goudey.  My very favorite! Goudey had some classic designs for sure.

1939 Goudey Premiums. Foxx wasn't in the 1939 Play Ball set, so I had to get him this way. The card was in great shape when I received it. Unfortunately, I ripped the bottom corner off when removing it from its holder. The stock is very thin. The scan doesn't show it, but its size is about 4 by 6.

Did you catch it? Both cards spell his first name incorrectly. Or do they? If that's supposed to be his signature he should know the spelling, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment