Friday, August 18, 2017

LCS Visit

Just before lunch today a couple of work buddies stopped by and asked if I wanted to run to the comic store with them.  What they call the comic book store I call the local card shop.  We've made this trip on occasion before.  So of course I said sure!  When we got there, they went to the comic book side of the store and I headed to the sportscards side.  This is South Dakota's very first card shop, which I've written about before.  They have shelves and shelves of binders with commons from all major brands spanning 50 years.  I was able to knock a bunch of Red Sox cards off my want lists.

I didn't have any 1998 Upper Deck Red Sox before today.  They had them all except Nomar Garciaparra.  Here's Mo Vaughn covering a lot of ground <tic> and a good close-up of Tim Wakefield's knuckleball grip.

I love these very early Red Sox cards of Jason Varitek and Pedro Martinez.

They had nine of the 1997 Fleers that I needed.  This set is one of the worst I've ever seen.  The card stock is thin and the print quality looks like something my computer's printer could do.  This Mike Greenwell is the most exciting of the bunch.  This 2000 Fleer Tradition of Jeff Fassero, in Texas Rangers uniform no less, completes that team set for me.

This 1999 Fleer Tradition of Jose Offerman completes that team set as well.  He's a Kansas City Royal in the picture.  And finally I found three more 2007 Upper Deck cards, including this Jonathan Papelbon, to help chip away at that monster team set a bit more.

On the way out of the shop, I saw some fliers for a card show in town next weekend!  I can't remember the last one we've had here.  I hope there's a good showing of dealers.  I plan to attend and will tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment