Saturday, August 19, 2017

Rewarded for Being Last

A little over a week ago, I entered a contest that Daniel at It's like having my own card shop was having.  He got 52 entrees, did a random number generated winning list, and I got dead last at #52.  But lucky for me he decided to give those of us at the bottom a consolation prize.  I received mine in the mail today.  Here's what last place got me.

2014 Bowman Chrome Refractor Michael Chavis.  I love refractors!  I still need to put some time into figuring out what exactly I want to collect from Bowman and it's sub-sets the past 20 years.  It seems like there are variations comprising of the word Bowman followed by various combinations of the words "draft", "chrome", "prospect", and "refractor".  But when I do figure it out, I know this card will be one I'm very glad to have.

2004 Topps Gold Red Sox team card.  It's serial numbered to 2004.  Topps serial numbered their gold set to the year several times back then.

2009 Upper Deck Michael Bowden.  This one is right off my want list!  I'm now down to five left from this big team set.

1993 Fleer Major League Prospects Scott Taylor.  Some day when I have my Red Sox flagship team sets complete, I'll expand into the updates and rookie prospects.  This card gives me a head start.

2016 Topps Allen & Ginter Xander Bogaerts.  Gotta love the X-Man!

Thanks much, Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment